Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Altered Domino Accordion Books

My daughter and I had a great time during Spring Break making these Domonio Accordion Books and Domino Magnets. We brought two tables upstairs in front of the television and settled in for two days straight having fun creating while watching movies together. WE used alcohol inks on the dominoes themselves which proved to be addicting so turned some into magnets instead of books. We glazed some with glossy glaze and others with crackle glaze after we hand stamped images on with staz on ink. The butterfly is scrapbook paper from Graphics 45. We used Ranger distress inks for the accordion paper. The paper is plain white textured water color paper. We inked it up with the distress pad, sprayed it with water, and hung the paper to dry. After it was completely dry we were finally able to stamp our images in the book. The last step was to use a strong glue (Gorilla Glue was used here) to adhere the book to the domino covers. I finished my books off with closures, one ribbon as shown just wraps around and closes with a funky safety pin I had in my collection, I stranded a few pears on it along with a heart locket. The other (not shown) is a sheer ribbon that I made a "belt" closure with using a metal belt buckle type embellishment. I will be teaching a class using these fun techniques on May 2 at 10:00. I will also be teaching vintage spoolies. Thanks to Shannon for the pics posted....she has my work for sign ups. Hope to see you all in a few weeks at the class!