Friday, May 8, 2009

Modern Decor mixes with Vintage Altered Art

Here is G45 paper on the back of a wooden block. Embellished with black ribbon.
It warms up my game table in the hallway that connects to Doug's office.

I love these scenes in G45 papers. These are masculine and it is hard to find nice masculine papers. I put them on wood, ribbon wrapped them, inked them up a bit for a more vintage look and added them to my modern decor.

G 45 paper turned to wood blocks for decor.




My vintage tin basket of eggs inspired by G45 papers.




I started by using alcohol ink to add more definition and aged color to a green tin.





I also inked the eggs. Others I tore and paper pieced G45 papers. Added ribbon, lace, flowers, and buttons---some were finished in a crackle glaze and others in glossy glaze.


I am finally downloading some of my latest creations. I was using some of my favorite Graphic 45 papers again to cover and alter easter eggs. I also covered large blocks of wood with G45, crackled, and edged with black ribbon. These make a great statement anywhere in the home. I love the vintage designs mixed with my modern decor.

My husband is an architect and loves cutting edge design. I do too, but sometimes find it stark and steril. So when we decorated our home I used warm colors so it wasn't so cold. It has been a challenge and it is still a work in process. I have recently started to add warmth into the environment using my altered projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment