Friday, May 8, 2009

THANKS American Idol

Those that know me also know that I am not a huge television fan. This may stem from being a mother of five and worrying about what my children will be exposed to on prime time television. For instance when "The Office" first premered my husband immediately became a fan. To our delight we felt that our teenage children would be fine watching. But by the next season things changed....as they always do...and what was once clean and fun humor became tainted. Same with "Chuck" and so forth. I feel that American Idol is still SAFE to watch with my kids. This season in particular we have been huge AI fans. Every Tuesday and Wednesday nights we take the remote control away from Doug (Dad) and tell him it is our night. The funny thing is that he has started to enjoy it too! ha ha ha! American Idol to me is amazing because during those two hours or more per week my teenage kids and I have something in common, can laugh together, enjoy time together, and bond together. So here's my big THANKS to American Idol!!

No comments:

Post a Comment