Monday, April 20, 2009

Keep Your Face

(sorry the images are not that great, I need to retake many of my photos using my husbands "nice" camera!)
I made this altered art wall hanging from an old photo of one of my grandmother's sisters. I loved how she was sitting on a bench just looking down. As I paper pieced the background using graphics 45 papers I loved how the ladies looked, so sophisticated...and my dear great Aunt was begging to say, "After forty a woman has to choose between losing her figure or her face. My idea is to keep your face, and stay sitting down." (quote from Barbara Cartland). I used a 5X7 canvas board to begin with and my favorite glue medium is modge podge.

I used ink to antique, used stamps to add more texture, cut out her wings and crown, used crystals for detail work, a vintage button, velvet flower, and watered down acrylic paint in "candy bar". I finished her off by adding a black velvet ribbon for hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment