Monday, April 20, 2009

Twitter House


My Twitter House...it reads, "He's Twittering"....."She's Twitter-Patted"....the bird is singing "Twitter Tweet Tweet"





I found these wooden house blocks, pretty basic, at a store and bought them after Christmas for real cheap. They went into my large pile of "I can do something with that someday" pile. Well, it was time and since I have been inspired to work with one of my favorite paper lines this past week, Graphics 45, I decided it was begging to be covered. I had this great idea to make doors really open and used a European vintage post card photo inside the door. I used two vintage ladies up in the windows and a bird. Now for words...what to put? Well, I was watching Oprah on Friday while doing this project and was inspired....She was talking about "twittering" and I just laughed, loving the name, twitter...which is the language that birds use to talk to each other. It also reminded me of when I was younger and someone had a crush on somebody my mom would always say, "they are twitter-patted". And so here is the house that was Twitter Inspired... To read it you start at the bottom, open the doors and it reads, "He's Twittering"; look up and you see a lovely lady and it reads, "She's twitter-patted" and then in the top window the bird sings, "twitter tweet tweet". Thanks Oprah, for the inspiration, it came at the right time and solved my creative dilema!

No comments:

Post a Comment