Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Grandpa's 88th Birthday Present

This is Grandpa as a young boy. I used 5X7 Canvas Board, covered with paper, painted and inked for more of an antique look. My color choice for these three altered pictures were brown, creams and blues. The buttons are vintage, the toy ads are from G45 line, I pronounced his bow tie by making one out of ribbon. Text Reads:
"Inside every older person is a young person wondering, "What the hell happened?"


This is Grandpa when he was serving in WWII. He was a fly boy. My sister helped me come up with the quote:
"When I was younger I was a fly boy, But they have long since clipped my wings."


This is a photo of grandpa and grandma. Her corsage is embellished with rhinestones. I put the words to an old song, "Let me call you Sweetheart, I'm in Love with You."

2 comments:

  1. These are all fabulous and I love the color scheme. The first one is my fave. Love how you did a real bow on the pic and I love the quote. Love the added touch of the rhinestones on the last piece...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. It was a fun project and didn't take long at all. My husband said his grandfather was delighted. I am sure it is the first time he has seen anything like that before!

    ReplyDelete