Friday, May 22, 2009

Urban meets Shabby Chic

I found this frame at T.J. Maxx. I love how it envelopes the very essence of what I want my house to be...something I am calling "urban chic". As you may know my husband is very modern and likes cutting edge design. I love old eclectic things--and modern design--but more importantly want to be able to display and have a home where I can enjoy my altered art creations and findings. The question is how can I do both and pull it off? This frame is two pieces of clear glass sandwiched together. Gilded frames on the inside which represent a different era. I added the scrapbook paper floating in the middle. Not shown is a brown ribbon from the upper edges so you can hang the frame like they used to back in the early 1900's. Wow, love this frame. Guess what? Doug does too!
I filled the frame with pictures of Doug's ancestors....which made a great personal touch to the living room space I am trying to create. Stay tuned for the unveiling of our much fought about living room space, one that has been five years in the making...

No comments:

Post a Comment