Friday, May 22, 2009

Handmade Embellished Birds

When I went on the hunt to choose fabric for my new curtains I collected several swatches of gorgeous fabrics. I didn't want to just throw them away, so came up with this idea...I drew a little template of a bird, cut a pattern, sewed front and back together, stuffed and embellished. Notice that I left the edges unfinished...fun detail and made these birds very quick...I was able to throw all three together in about 45 mins.
Oh...sneak peak...that is the green/blue color I painted my walls!! I will post the completed room soon.
Bird made from fabric swatches, stuffed, crown detail added

Simple bird from fabric swatch, real feather for tail, metal embellishment & rhinestone. Adheared with hot glue gun.

My favorite bird...velvet fabric, peacock tail feather, his wing is fringe from a fabric, a flower folded in half, and a crystal. Carrying in his mouth is a rhinestone embellished heart and keys.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE these birds! I'd pay you to make me some! Beautiful! So clever are you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous and such a clever use of the swatches. I have to say that my fave is the first one as I love the pattern on it. Love the details on the tails.

    ReplyDelete